Monday, January 17, 2011

Hiatus on my shirt...

Sorry for the hiatus this month. Been busy with Wife buying a house and moving. Expect a brief post soon about beers that taste like chocolate. Unless, of course, the house I bought is a money pit - then expect nothing but swear words and references to when Tom Hanks was hilarious. In the meantime (Helmet reference), read the old posts for subtle nuances and pay it forward to a friend. We need more likes and friends and followers to feel good (or better) about our(blog)selves. Also, Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day - one of the greatest of all time (Archers of Loaf reference). But seriously, one of the greatest of all time.

4 comments:

  1. It's been my experience that houses are money pits. Good luck.

    I'm embarrased to say that Archers of Loaf is the band I missed first time around. What's the best starting point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best starting point is the first album, Icky Mettle, track one "web in front". Heard that song in 1994 or 1995 for the first time and it is still one of my faves - actually that whole album is one of my faves. If you don't love that song then they are probably not for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I acquired a copy of Icky Mettle from a shady source today. I'll have a review eventually.

    You earned a RSS subscription! Congrats, and prepare for a comment barrage when your hiatus ends. I don't drink anymore, so I won't be able to contribute meaningfully to the conversation. But I'm a fantastic enabler, so I'll happily encourage you to go for the six pack instead of the pint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to reading what you think of what I consider one of the best indie albums ever. And I should have a new post by the weekend if things go as planned.

    ReplyDelete